Mr. Larry J. Kosmont, CRE®, President of Kosmont Transactions Services. Mr. Kosmont’s 40 year career encompasses public/private financial structuring and implementation of real estate and public finance transactions. He has an extensive track record as a public finance advisor and public/private real estate consultant. Mr. Kosmont has assisted hundreds of local government agencies in public finance and real estate matters ranging from large-scale economic development programs to site-specific strategies and projects. Mr. Kosmont has successfully guided numerous projects in the process of obtaining public approvals, structuring deal terms, and securing capital and infrastructure financing supported by a variety of pledged resources and underlying assets, ranging from taxes (lease revenues, special tax, sales tax, tax increment, general obligation) to general fund operations (certificates of participation) to project revenues (public/private-partnerships (P3), nonprofit, utilities, parking operations, and other).
Mr. Kosmont has served in the roles of, City Manager, Interim City Administrator, Director of Community Development, and Redevelopment Director in the cities of Montebello, Santa Monica, Seal Beach, Bell Gardens, and Burbank.
Mr. Kosmont is a Municipal Advisor Representative having achieved the MSRB Series 50 professional qualification, and is duly registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Kosmont is a licensed real estate broker in California (DRE No. 01182660), a designated Counselor of Real Estate, CRE®, and has served on:
- Los Angeles City Commissioner – Industrial Development Authority
- California Assoc. of Local Economic Development (CALED) – Board Advisor
- City of Hawthorne Redevelopment Oversight Board
- California Redevelopment Association (CRA) Board
- MWD Board (represented City of Los Angeles
- State Commissioner – California Economic Development Commission
- City of Manhattan Beach Economic Development Advisory Council – Chairman
- USC Executive Education – Board of Directors
Mr. Kosmont holds a Masters of Public Administration Degree from the University of Southern California and a B.A. in Political Science from the State University of New York – Binghamton.